The Community Services Worker Program (CSW) at SDHHS is designed to provide direct assistance / services to d/Deaf, Deaf-Blind, Hard of hearing and deafened individuals who are dealing with a wide range of issues, which may include:
- Personal counseling offered for those with complex issues such as abuse, addiction, self-esteem, identity, isolation and/or family or relationship difficulties
- Promoting independence, well-being, and inclusiveness for all citizens
- Information and referrals to available resources
- Supporting d/Deaf and hard of hearing children, adults and their families regarding opportunities that encourage full participation in our community. This may include addressing communication and accessibility needs.
- Resources for families, schools, groups, and organizations regarding the implications of hearing loss
- Advocacy on such issues as accommodation, rights, needs, and equality for individuals that may involve legal issues
- Increasing awareness and provide sensitivity training
There is no fee for this service. This program in Regina is funded through the Regina United Way. Saskatoon’s program is funded by the Saskatoon United Way.