Through our Vocational Counseling Services, viagra order Saskatchewan Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Inc. (SDHHS) assists students in finding support service workers for post secondary education. As part of this assistance, diagnosis SDHHS invites those interested in providing support services to submit their resumes to the agency. These resumes are held by SDHHS for the use of students requiring support services.
Post Secondary students are the employer who hires support workers to assist them in their studies. SDHHS Vocational Counselors assist students by providing access to resumes, interviewing techniques and questions and may assist students with interviewing prospective employees (support services interpreters or CNS operators). Funding for support workers is through Study Grant and Employability Assistance for Persons With Disabilities (EAPD).
Title: ASL Interpreter
- Accurately provide educational interpreting between English and American Sign Language/contact language and vice versa for scheduled classes, labs and required course/program related activities.
- Prepares for assignments by reading texts, obtaining video tapes and overheads ahead of time, and developing signs appropriate to terminology used in the course.
- Observes the AVLIC Code of ethics and Guidelines for Professional Conduct.
- Diploma from an interpreter training program or equivalent experience and education.
- Current AVLIC certification or working to achieve it.
- Demonstrated Knowledge and understanding of Deaf Culture.