The Vocational services at SDHHS offer support to individuals with any and all degrees of hearing loss. This includes deaf/Deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind, or late deafened.
SDHHS Vocational Workers are trained to address the implications of a hearing loss within the vocational context. SDHHS Vocational Services offer support in the areas of employment, education, and training.
SDHHS Vocational Workers also network with other agencies, educational institutions, government departments, and businesses to educate and/or advocate on behalf of our consumers to promote awareness surrounding hearing loss and the unique communication needs that may be involved. The overall goal of the Vocational department at SDHHS is to create equitable and inclusive environments for everyone in Saskatchewan.
There is no fee for Vocational Services at SDHHS. Vocational Services at SDHHS are funded through the Government of Saskatchewan, Ministry of the Economy.
Vocational Counselling Services
- Career Choices
- Labour Market Information
- Training Centres
- Grants and Loans
- Interpreter support
- Signing Job Coach
- Training on the Job
- Job Maintenance
- Individual supports
- Job Find Club
- Resume writing and job search skills
The Signing Job Coach
The Signing Job Coach allows for full communication support between prospective employees who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing and their current or potential employers. Services are provided from the point of intake through job searching, training and into the workplace throughout Saskatchewan.
Benefits To Consumers
- Offering counselling and training on Job Readiness
- Supporting in maintaining clear and direct communication between you and your current or future employers
- Enhancing independence and inclusion in the work place
- Providing accommodations and supports as necessary
- Following up with employees and employers to ensure the successful work placement
Benefits To Employers
- Impacting the community through diversity in the workplace
- Having access to pre-screened candidates
- Having a reliable and long term employee
- Supporting in maintaining clear and direct communication between you and your employee
- Job Coaching Services include support through training and follow-up visitation at no cost